I-80/Hwy 65 Construction Updates (Feb 8)
Below is the latest construction update provided by Caltrans on Feb 8, 2018:
Interstate 80/State Route 65 Phase 1 (Placer County) Work continues on a $50 million project by Caltrans, the Placer County Transportation Planning Agency, the South Placer Regional Transportation Authority, County of Placer and the cities of Roseville, Rocklin and Lincoln for various interchange improvements, including construction of a third lane on northbound SR-65 from I-80 to Pleasant Grove Boulevard. Completion is expected in 2020.
February 10 through spring 2019
Antelope Creek Trail (Placer County) The trail between Antelope Creek Drive in Roseville and Springview Drive in Rocklin will be closed through spring 2019 due to construction on the northbound State Route 65 viaduct.
February 15 – 16
State Route 65 (Placer County) between the Interstate 80 junction and the north end of the SR-65 viaduct: Northbound motorists can expect the #2 lane, or right-hand lane, closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday for concrete work.
February 15 – 16
Interstate 80 (Placer County) westbound I-80 connector to northbound State Route 65: Westbound I-80 motorists can expect the connector ramp to northbound SR-65 closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday for concrete work. Motorists should follow the signed detour route.
- Crews continue to place rebar and pour concrete to construct the new bridge deck that will serve as a third lane of the northbound Highway 65 viaduct. The contractor is scheduled to perform traffic-interfering concrete work during the overnight hours from Friday, February 15 into Saturday morning, February 16, depending on the weather. Motorists can expect overnight lane closures on the viaduct portion of northbound Highway 65. During the same time period, crews will close the westbound Interstate 80 connector ramp to northbound Highway 65. About 75 percent of the concrete work for the new bridge deck has been completed. Construction crews will continue working on the structure throughout the winter. The work schedule will depend on the weather.
- Taylor Road: Crews will return at the end of February to pour concrete on the new deck, which will require a full overnight closure of the local road. We’ll notify the community about the closure as soon as the specific work date is set by the contractor.
- Construction activity on the northbound Highway 65 roadway widening and freeway ramp improvements is in winter suspension. Work will resume in the spring.
- The sidewalk on the north side of the Galleria Boulevard/Stanford Ranch Road overcrossing is closed for construction through July.
- Looking ahead: The contractor anticipates closing the northbound Highway 65 exit to Stanford Ranch Road and Galleria Boulevard for three days sometime in late April. The extended closure, which would start on a Sunday night and end early Wednesday morning, will allow crews to work uninterrupted along the ramp and roadway and complete that portion of project faster. More details will be provided as soon as the work schedule is firmed up this spring.