Both the City of Rocklin, and Rocklin residents, have water that is provided by Placer County Water Agency (PCWA). Water reductions are determined and monitored by PCWA.
Citizens and businesses can find the most current information about water restrictions on the PCWA website. It is critical that we all follow their mandated water conservation directives.
Report Water Leaks
|WATER CONTACTS||Monday – Friday||Leak Reporting
Nights & Weekends
|Residence or Business
| (530) 823-4850
| (916) 624-5771
| (916) 257-1345
Parks, Streets, City Hall, etc.
City of Rocklin
| (916) 625-5500
| (916) 240-8957
Water Conservation Actions
The City of Rocklin and its residents can work together to conserve water in response to the drought crisis. Listed below are actions that can be taken to achieve the necessary reductions in water use for treated water:
Outdoor Water Use:
- Limit landscape watering to a maximum of 2 days per week during the months of April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November.
- Landscape should not be watered during the months of December, January, February, and March.
- Water only between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m.
- Installation of new landscaping for existing homes shall be limited to low water use trees, shrubs, and groundcover.
- The installation of new turf or hydro seed for existing homes shall be prohibited unless watered using drip or microspray systems.
- Decorative water features, such as fountains shall be drained and kept dry.
- Reduce irrigation cycles to limit runoff.
- Repair irrigation leaks promptly.
- Apply 2 to 3 inches of mulch around trees and plants to reduce evaporation.
- Use a bucket and hose with a shutoff nozzle for vehicle or equipment washing or take them to a commercial establishment that uses recycled water.
- Cover pools to prevent evaporation.
- Use a rake or broom instead of a hose to clean hard surfaces.
- Adhere to landscaping specifications outlined in the State’s Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance for any new landscaping.
Indoor Water Use:
- Limit showers to 5 minutes or less.
- Wash only full loads of dishes and clothes.
- Convert to high-efficiency appliances such as toilets, showers, and faucets, dishwashers and clothes washers.
- Check plumbing and appliances for leaks and fix them within 48 hours.
- Turn off the faucet when brushing teeth, washing dishes by hand or when shaving.